Bonus Expeditionary Forces Newspapers
- Scope and Contents
- This collection consists of two editions of the Bonus Expeditionary Forces newspaper published by Joseph L. Heffernan. It includes volume 1, number 1, June 25, 1932 and volume 1, number 3, July 9, 1932. The weekly paper covers World War I veterans' efforts to receive cash payment of Service Certificates granted to them by the Adjusted Service Certificate Law of 1924. It also documents their progression to Washington, D.C., and eventual protest and march taking place there during the summer of 1932.
- 1.5 Linear feet (1 oversize folder)
- Collection items available for reproduction, but the Archives makes no guarantees concerning copyright restrictions. Other intellectual property rights may apply. Archives cost-recovery and use fees may apply when requesting reproductions.
- Anacostia Community Museum Archives, Smithsonian Institution.
- Collection descriptions
- Archival materials
- Veterans -- societies, etc -- United States
- Washington (D.C.)
- Editor and publisher: Joseph L. Heffernan.
EAD Collection Results2 result(s) Skip to facets for narrowing search results
- Media Type
- Resource Type
- Set Name
- Metadata Usage